20 sure shot ways to market your mobile app
Everyday you get to hear from entrepreneurs and experts about their app success story. Wonder if you could do the same with yours? The answer is ‘Yes’, and no it won’t cost you an arm or a leg.
Here are 20 ways in which you can skillfully promote your app without upsetting your wallet:
- Find the correct audience: Always know what you’re making and whom you intend to market it for. Know your consumers and make sure your app delivers precisely, based on their needs or else you’ll be left with an empty user base.
- Don’t overdo any aspect of the app: Deliver exactly what your target audience needs. Nothing less nothing more. Adding unnecessary extras turns off consumers and pushes them away to a better offering in the market.
- Optimize your app’s performance: Before you launch a product make sure it comes free from potential bugs which can ruin a user experience, beyond repair. You must also make sure that your app runs smooth even on weak or low end hardware based devices.
- Create a promotional mobile website for your app: Mobile users account for over half of all web browsing audiences. Make sure to create a small and attractively designed website showcasing the app’s features to mobile audiences.
- Start an interesting and powerful email newsletter: Launching a free subscribable newsletter along with your website is a must if you don’t want to lose those interested amount of visitors and followers.
- Feature your app on your company’s website: If your company is an up and rising name and already has a portfolio, why not showcase your most prized upcoming app on it’s front page. This is an amazing way to create buzz and draw in lots of potential consumers.
- Build a blog attached to your mobile website: A blog generates constant buzz by letting users know unique things about your app.
- Create a blog post centered exclusively on your app: Once you have a functioning app blog, create a post illustrating and penning the stand out features of your app. This generates a strong positive reaction from current followers.
- Regularly connect and share with people via social networks: Platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and more give you the option to connect with a large audience and entice them regularly, much without spending a penny.
- Create video tutorials to showcase your app: An app description video goes a long way into getting your application downloaded as most people these days are too busy to read and are rather dependent on creative mediums to base their decisions on.
- Develop a healthy habit of using QR codes: These codes can easily be scanned using a smartphone camera and saves a user time and effort surfing for the app online. A healthy practice of placing QR codes with your promotions and business card goes a long way as it is a handy way of directing users straight to the app.
- Pitch your app for a review: Numerous popular websites readily accept pitches for reviewing your app. Getting featured on such websites provides a huge boost and publicity for your app and ultimately results in more downloads.
- Start an app based discussion in multiple forums: Forums like Reddit, Hangouts and LinkedIn are great for creating buzz around your app. Host online events and interact with users via live chats, video conferencing, voice conferencing and so on, to gain their attention.
- Run promotions based on contests or discounts: Try to entice people by marketing promotions or lucrative offers which makes them download or purchase your app.
- Send notifications when users have been absent for a while: People are busy with their life and will eventually forget your apps existence on their device. Send notifications to them, reminding them to use the app and rewarding them with offers or bonuses making sure your consumers return to using the app from time to time.
- Ensure App Store Optimization: ASO is a very important factor in getting your app to line up with the best. Include trending words and phrases in your store name, tags and description thereby resulting an improvement in your app’s search ranking. Remember people only download the top ranked apps so make sure your’s ends up being one.
- Promote your app with a catchy one-liner: A great english writer once correctly said, “The pen is mightier than the sword.” Advertising your app with a cheeky one-lined phrase or a genuine query attracts readers and hence generates considerable publicity for your product.
- Give importance to customer reviews: Make sure no negative app review goes unattended. Post questions to consumer reviews as to what went wrong and make sure you leave a smile on their face by resolving it as soon as possible.
- Integrate Social Platforms through your app: Integrating social media access within your app will give you a major boost and a constant promotion throughout a considerable amount of people.
- Build communities on social networks: Letting the existing app community(and prospective ones) interact with each other through social networks builds up a strong reputation for your product.
So thats about it! Keep in mind that you need to bundle patience and consistency along with all the above mentioned approaches to make your app the success story that you’ve always wanted it to be.
Do you know an even better way to market apps to consumer audiences? Don’t forget to tell us in the comments.
Until then we wish your app all the success on its journey ahead!